Apr 7, 2022
“Your brand is the single most important investment you can make in your business.”
– Steve Forbes Editor-in-Chief at business magazine Forbes.
A brand isn’t just a recognizable name and logo that distinguishes you in a crowded market.
Your brand is how people perceive you—both the impressions you can control and the ones you can’t. Make no mistake: a recognizable and loved brand is one of the most valuable assets a company owns. So it’s essential to create a brand experience people will never forget!
We’re the un-agency that will help you stop the scroll in a saturated market. We’re entirely immersed in YOU and aim to become an extension of you. We’re the cool kids in the know. We perfect your branding in an unconventional way that turns heads and transforms your business.
Our process for branding leverages principles from Marketing Made Simple by Donald Miller and philosophies from our buddy Mark Schaefer in his best-selling books, including Known.
Add in the marketing and advertising industry veterans on our team and back it with the creative strategy approach built by Founder Jon Briggs, and we deliver a well-rounded approach to all things branding.
We keep it simple to do this:
- What’s the story? We always start with the differentiating story for your brand. Some might call this the elevator pitch, but we like to laser focus on your brand’s differentiators and why people care.
- Identify the Keywords. You’ve got 7 seconds to tell someone about your brand before they walk away. What do you say? The perfect formula for brand positioning in a 7-second world? 7 words. Pro-tip, media giants are narrowing this down further to 3 words for engagement. Just look at your Netflix titles.
- Target Persona Mapping. Pick a persona for your top consumer. It can be as broad as “human” and as narrow as “moms of newborns.” Then list out as many goals/responsibilities of that persona as you can think of. Next, list out all their pain points in their assumption of this persona. Last, list out how your brand solves those pain points (if any).
- Create the Visual Vibe. We do this through visual cues and mood boards. What’s the visual vibe that you want people to connect with? What will make a lasting impact?… Attention (visuals) and Retention (messaging)
- A Brand (or Rebrand) is Born. This is where we create the brand new you.
Giving brands an innovative visual impact is something we’re exceptional at. So with a lot of fun, a few sleepless nights, and a truckload of skills, we successfully branded and rebranded this business in a month.
Surviving The Survivor
Not just any old podcast.
The irreverent, honest, and funny podcast, Surviving the Survivor is hosted by Joel Waldman, a former Fox News national political correspondent, and his mom, Karmela Waldman, a trained therapist and Holocaust survivor.
The podcast’s real magic comes from the hilarious chemistry between Joel and his mom. He’s neurotic. She’s highly opinionated. Together they’re plain nuts.
Surviving the Survivor, came to us with a unique brand and a great idea.
But, their execution towards creating a relatable and cohesive brand needed revision.
For example, their logo needed a refresh, and their YouTube page didn’t follow the best practices for descriptions and thumbnails. In addition, they needed to niche in on their differentiators to reach their audience directly through the podcast and social platforms.
That’s where we come in.
We helped Surviving the Survivor take their podcast and brand from a passion to primetime.
We focused on the visual representation and performed a digital property audit of their brand, including research on keywords, site performance, social platform, and the audience listening.
As well as creating a custom user/persona report, brand design exploration, color exploration, font treatment, finalized brand guidelines, all brand assets, and templates for branded elements.
But wait, there’s more!
We also took on ongoing content production and strategy for the Surviving the Survivor social platforms. The first video we put out on their Instagram performed exponentially better than those put out previously.
Branding in a Month TLDR
Need branding for your new business? Are you considering a shift in your visual positioning? We’re your all-in creative team. We use our experience and knowledge to bring you a more creative approach to your brand: branding, creative strategy, graphic design, and ongoing content production.
In addition, we’re constantly exploring the latest trends in the industry – spotting what works and why and bringing this knowledge back to you so we can get you noticed.
The Lab at Food Fight Studios has completed many successful brand missions.
We know when done strategically, they’re a decisive move that can reposition personal and professional brands. We took on some tough challenges, but helping the personal and professional brands with their creative strategy to keep their businesses growing is something we’re passionate about!